Are you an experienced Composite Tech who is looking to work on high end custom boats? Would you like to have a career that provides competitive wages, excellent benefits, and Fridays off? Apply today for a chance to become a part of something bigger.
Hodgdon Tenders. Better Quality Work. Better Quality Life.
Department: Composites Job Status: Full Time FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Composites Supervisor Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
POSITION SUMMARY: All phases of composite boat construction
▪ Female/male mold assembly to include filling and fairing joint seams and applying mold release wax
▪ Kit fabrication involving cutting fabric to desired sizes, direction
▪ Material lay-up and installation of peel ply, fabrics, flow media, vacuum and feeder lines ▪ Mixing of resin materials by weight/volume
▪ Infusion monitoring for temperature, vacuum infusion and time of infusion ▪ Modular installation of infused pieces for bulkheads, floor systems, decks and pilothouse ▪ Finishing, trimming and fitting of composite parts
▪ Some wet lay-up and wet preg is required for secondary bonding and tabbing ▪ Grinding and sanding for secondary bonding
▪ Works ‘hands on’ on multiple projects
▪ Prior experience working with composites
▪ Basic carpentry skills for staging and platform construction, templates and molds and cutting and fitting pieces
▪ Must be able to wear a respirator
▪ Must be able to meet the requirements of the work schedule
▪ Must be able to use measuring tools
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS:
▪ Working productively and cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors is an essential part of the job.
▪ Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
▪ Basic mathematical skills
▪ Attention to detail, following established procedures
▪ Ability to read plans and blueprints
▪ Power electric shears
▪ Hand tools
▪ Table saw
▪ Cut-off saw
▪ Epoxy mixing equipment
▪ Skill saw
▪ Jig saw
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
▪ Flexibility to work in standing, squatting, or kneeling positions, as well as reaching overhead with occasional twisting and bending while performing any of the above tasks
▪ Stair and ladder climbing is required
▪ Ability to work with epoxy/vinyl ester/polyester resins and adhesives
▪ Ability to work in small spaces as required
▪ Minimal lifting required above 75lbs.
▪ May be required to travel both domestic and internationally to perform Tender service and maintenance
Work schedule is generally 6:00am-4:30pm four days per week. From time to time, it may be necessary to work additional shifts or on weekends.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
TO APPLY: Email Stephen Carroll: [email protected]
LINK TO APPLICATIONS: hodgdonyachts.com/careers