MARINE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR & YARD LABORER
Responsible for all aspects of marine equipment operation and general boat yard labor including, launching and hauling of power and sail boats and safe and proper use of all equipment.
Launching and hauling power and sail boats up to 70’ and/or 50 tons.
Launching and hauling power and sail boats up to 15 tons using hydraulic lift.
· Crane operation for stepping/unstopping masts.
· Fork truck operation.
· Towing and moving vessels over land using hydraulic trailer.
· Performing the basic maintenance/service requirements of yard machinery.
· Supporting the service department during spring commissioning and fall decommissioning.
· Prior experience working with heavy equipment.
· Basic understanding of boats, boat terms and their components.
· Must be able to follow directions and work well within large groups of people.
· Must be able to meet the requirements of the schedule, i.e. being at work as scheduled and on time.
· Ability to wear a respirator as required.
· Must wear personal protection equipment.
· 50 ton travel lift
· 15 ton negative lift bull
· 10 ton crane
· Fork trucks
· Occasional extreme indoor and outdoor temperatures.
· Occasional exposure to extreme heights.
· Rare exposure to adverse ventilation conditions where use of a respirator will be required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
·Flexibility to work in the standing, squatting, or kneeling position, as well as reaching overhead with occasional twisting and bending while performing any of the above tasks.
· Stair and ladder climbing is required.
· Ability to work in small spaces.
· Minimal lifting required above 50 lbs.
· Work week is Monday-Thursday from 6:00am- 4:30pm. From time to time, it may be necessary to work additional shifts or on weekends.
· Must work as part of a team.
· Must be punctual.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email [email protected]