Training and Events
- This event has passed.
OSHA 10-Hour Shipyard Standards Certification
January 27 2021 - January 28 2021Free
This two-day course will be instructed by SafetyWorks! of the Maine Department of Labor at their training facility in Augusta. The classroom is set up for social distancing. It will be limited to the appropriate number of attendees to follow safety protocols.
The course contains information about:
- Intro to OSHA
- Walking-Working Surfaces (including scaffolding, cranes, and hoisting equipment)
- Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Safety
- Flammable/Combustible Liquids
- Personal Protective Equipment (including respirators)
- Machine Guarding
- Hazard Communication (including new GHS requirements)
- Intro to Industrial Hygiene (including ergonomics and typical boatyard exposure to noise, styrene, and wood dust)
- Safety and Health Program
- Supervisor Safety
- Powered Industrial Truck (Forklift)
- Confined and Enclosed Spaces
There is no registration fee. However, you must register to attend. Please register through SafetyWorks.