Training and Events
- This event has passed.
WATERFRONT FIRST AID & CPR
April 28 2023
Midcoast First Aid, LLC 145 Main Street, Thomaston, ME; 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Registration limited. If you need more staff trained please inquire about setting up another class or a custom training time at your facility.
REGISTRATION FORM LINK HERE Write in course name MMTA CPR/First Aid course and send to Midcoast First Aid. Cost for MMTA Members is $95 and certification is good for two years.
- Training specific for the marine environment provided by Midcoast First Aid, LLC
- Hands-on course designed for marina & boatyard staff, sailing programs, yacht clubs, coastal sailors, crew, and yacht racers
- Emergency plans – communications, notifications
- A plus to have on your insurance plan
- Per OSHA regulations facilities located more than a 4-minute drive from an emergency response station are required to have trained personnel on staff
- Cold water submersion and environmental emergencies
- Head injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Recovery positions
- Bleeding Control and soft tissue injuries
- Bone injuries and splinting
- Marine Animal bites/stings
- Medical Emergencies (including but not limited to: diabetic emergencies, stroke, seizure, shortness of breath, chest pain, allergic reaction)
ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTOR
Lindsey Pinkham is the owner of Midcoast First Aid, LLC a United States Coast Guard and American Health and Safety Institute approved training facility specializing in emergency training focused on the marine environment. She is also Northeast District Manager for Downeast Maritime Inc. a United States Coast Guard approved school focusing on licensing and STCW training. She is a graduate of Maine Maritime Academy with a Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation and who holds an unlimited tonnage mates license
Lindsey is United States Coast Guard Registered Person in Charge of Medical Care, National Registry Advanced Emergency Medical Technician License, Maine State Advanced Emergency Medical Technician, Wilderness First Aid and CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor. Lindsey has worked on tugs, oil cleanup vessels and bulk carriers and has also worked as a professor at Maine Maritime Academy both in the classroom and on the annual training cruise.