Hodgdon Yachts: The Marine Finish Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Production Manager with day-to-day scheduling and supervision assist with training other department staff as needed, including fairing, sanding, painting, spraying and other finishing procedures. Finishing involves epoxy, linear polyurethanes and other marine finish products. The Supervisor will also review and adjust staffs daily timekeeping/job coding as well as maintain stock supplies for the department.
▪ Assist the Production Manager with the supervision of all surface preparations and coating of the vessel, including fairing, sanding, varnishing, painting, spraying and other finishing procedures.
▪ Assist the Production Manager with the coordination and supervision of sub-contract finishers as required
▪ Prepare and finish interior and exterior furniture, joiner work and other components of the vessel
▪ Prepare and apply epoxy, linier polyurethanes, and other chemical applications
▪ Responsible for supervising the crew of painters/finishers
▪ Maintain stock and supplies for department, which includes inventory and assisting purchasing with ordering MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: ▪ 3-5 years of experience in marine finishing preferred, including application of linier polyurethanes, or in high-end auto body shop finishing ▪ Must have familiarity with brush and spray applications ▪ Must have a keen understanding of the safety hazards and know how to work safely ▪ Responsible for understanding and exhibiting excellent work standards ▪ Attention to the highest quality standards is essential
Hodgdon Yachts’ work schedule is generally 6:00am-4:30pm four days per week. We offer competitive wages and benefits including medical, dental, 401K and more. For a full copy of the job description or to send resume, contact Diane Hammond, Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 179, Southport, ME 04578 or email to [email protected]